If you can figure this one out, you’ll have my undying love and admiration…
When I was in Highschool (2001-2004) a girl gave me a burnt DVD with a movie on it. I loved the movie and for years I have tried to remember what it was called so I could watch it again, but I just can’t figure it out.
I also can’t remember much about it, but here it goes…
1. I’m pretty sure it was in English
2. It was CGI with live characters in CGI environments
3. It had a very grey colour palette, a muted colour scheme
4. It was either loosely based on Alice in Wonderland or reminiscent of AiW
5. The main character is a young woman or teenage girl
6. There was a scene with floating grey men who looked like hot air balloons
7. I’m pretty sure it was made between 1995 and 2003
If some genius can figure this one out I will be very shocked, but eternally grateful. I’m beginning to think I imagined it.
OH. MY. GOD.
You nailed it… I’m currently watching Mirrormask. This is the movie!
I’m at the part with the floating blob-balloon-men. I can’t believe it!
This opens up another mystery. From what I can gather, this movie was released in 2005.
Now, I am sure that I had seen this movie in 2002 or 2003.
A girl had given it to me on a burnt DVD in highschool, and I finished highschool in 2004.
I never spoke to this girl after 2004, so how could I have seen this movie???