I only watched bits of it on TV probably in the late 1980s or early 1990s, and this is what I remember of it:
1. The movie is minimalistic and kind of abstract: the name of the country or what they are running from are not mentioned (at least in the bits I watched). The movie has the color and style that would be typical of some movies of the late 1960s or 1970s.
2. Two guys have escaped and are wearing rags –the clothes looked like made of cotton duck or brown canvas. It feels like they are some kind of political prisoners in some totalitarian country. One of the fugitives is older and more seasoned than the other.
3. They have a bolt action carbine (like a short Mauser-type of rifle or similar).
4. In one of the scenes they are hidding in a field planted with, I think, olive trees. The landscape looks kind of Southern European.
5. At the end of the movie, they are trying to cross the border that is in a mountain range covered in snow -as if they were crossing from Italy to Switzerland or France over the Alps or from Spain to France over the Pyrenees. Some type of small rockets are fired at them. I think the older guy is killed by those rockets.
I’m sorry I cannot remember anything else. If anyone knows this movie, I’ll be very grateful.